04 April 2008

We Made it



We're in North Carolina! After a few busy but nice weeks visiting our families, we've arrived in the Ft. Bragg area. I (Becky) had been praying very specifically for a house in the Haymount area in Fayetteville, and I woke up Saturday morning with a feeling that it was ready for us. After a quick search online, I found what we'd been looking for! It has everything both Keith and I wanted (minus the garage which no other prospect had either). It has a little potential for improvement, but most of the work has been done for us! The renovations were just completed.

We arrived in Fayetteville on Wednesday and looked at the house, put our offer in immediately! The seller didn't budge nearly as much as we'd hoped, but we thought it was a good deal to begin with, so we have the contract in today, with closing as soon as the bank can manage it. Please pray that closing happens soon and quickly!

Our temporary housing is hilarious at best. Its almost an hour away from our house and Ft. Bragg, but was the only place available that would allow us to have both our dogs. Most people kennel in these situations or stay in a hotel, but neither option would be cheap, and we aren't certain Santiago would survive a kennel. He is too attention dependent, he needs to be around people.

So we'll keep you up and send more pictures of both house and baby!

No comments: