16 September 2007

Check-up #2

I went for the 2nd prenatal appointment this past Wednesday. Not much, just a weigh in and a review of the last appointment's blood work and another chance to hear that ridiculously fast sounding heartbeat (which is apparently normal). The wee one should be around 3 1/2 inches long now and growing rapidly. I've yet to notice much growth myself, but Mom says I won't be so excited when I do, so not to be at all anxious about it. Our big appointment, the one where we will hopefully be able to name our kiddo, is on Oct 15. We are looking forward to knowing ahead of time and calling HeSheIt by some other name than HeSheIt.

We spent our afternoon with Mr Chick Griffen, our great friend and also a somewhat retired cattle farmer. Keith was able to help him get some things done to get the calves ready to sell this week, and we always enjoy our time with him. Its beginning to fell a lot less like summer.... but I've been warned not to become too excited about the cooler afternoons (in the shade).
~B

No comments: