

We had our 18 week checkup on the 15th of October, and learned that our wee one was of the lady-type! Annika Joy is the name we've decided on, pronounced Ah-nika, (not like Anakin Skywalker). Annika is the Swedish form of Hannah (my mom's first name) and Joy is all over the family, Keith's grandmother, sister, and my mom's middle name. They've all turned out to be quite joyous people and we hope that for our little bundle too!
She has been rather active in the last few weeks, especially while I'm at school, trying to concentrate in class, but its all a good sign that she is healthy!! The excitement is really setting in now and Keith can't wait to meet her, although he says he needs to purchase a few small firearms to keep away the boys.
Keith is in the Chinook course and doing well. We had family day on Friday; the short notice and minimal activities allowed only our adopted Uncle William (Griffin) and I to come. It was fun seeing those massive helicopters actually fly around! We camped last night at Uncle Will's farm and kept a nice fire going well into the night, then again in the chilly early morning while we had breakfast and read parts of the Laura Ingalls Wilder book, These Happy Golden Years.
We are headed to the dogs' favorite place in the world this weekend, Mamaw and Papaw's house (Keith's grandparents) down on the Mississippi coast. We'll be spending Thanksgiving in Atlanta and Christmas in Pell City.
Hopefully we'll get some real sweater weather soon, although these mild and sunny days feel great too (like summer in Vermont!).
~B

4 comments:
Annika is Swedish just like your car. How Sweetish is that!? Actually, I think it's a great way to add uniqueness to a family name. From the pics, I think she looks like Keith but has Becky's nose.
T.
That little baby is SO cute! Swedish kids are adorable. Well done!
that little bay iis SO cute! I wish i had a lil sis!
OK, Now I'm definitely beginning to see some of Keith in Annika. Look at the "Working on the push ups" picture in the most recent blog!
-adam
Post a Comment